Sunday, July 26, 2009

Potty Training 101

OK, so I've agreed to potty train Ariana. I think that I may live to regret this. As you know, I don't have any children, and there is a reason for that.
I've been doing much research, and I've decided that the best way is to ply her with juice and water. Then we spend the whole day on and off of the potty. We'll see what happens! I may have to change my battle plan. The whole purpose of doing this is because I want her to go to Preschool, but they won't accept her because she isn't potty trained. So, therefore, it falls to 'Guaya' (pronounced why-yu(Ariana's name for me because she can't say "Tia")) to do it!
This, of course, is after I undo all of the trauma that she's already experienced because she's getting yelled at all the time for not doing it right. Sheesh!!
Anyway, there will updates to record my efforts for posterity, (and if I ever have a kid, I need to remember what worked.)
If there are any of you readers who have pointers, tips, or what NOT to do's, please share!! I'm desperate!!

2 comments:

  1. What not to do #1: Believe that potty training each child will be the same and that what worked for one will work for all. Ha, ha, ha, ha, haa......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess Pez dispensers worked here. Megan loved them. Want that I should send them to you???

    ReplyDelete